Based in St. Petersburg, Russia
September 1, 2017
Press / Business contact:
Prospekt Korolova, 7a, #119, Saint Petersburg, 197341, Russian Federation
Action RPG on wheels where you tear singing hearts of your relatives out from bosses.
You are alone in the desert. Just you and your car. Your deaf sister on the radio. But that’s fine. You don’t want to hear anything anyway.About the Game
Gripper is a story-driven action RPG on wheels in a world where androids celebrate Burning Man by burning humans. All of this world’s inhabitants bear a physical injury of one sort or another. You and your sister are no exceptions. The two of you live peacefully on a farm until someone comes and burns it down. Now, your sister is missing. All you have left is your car with a hook. The time to learn how to kill with it is running out.Gameplay
The gameplay consists of close combat fighting, evading hails of bullets, and driving a car with a hook that you use for everything: from collecting loot for crafting to destroying enemies. And remember - physics always matter. This is a story of people learning to live with their disabilities: a child grown old too fast, a brainless artificial intelligence, and even the main hero himself - a music addict whose best friend is a hook.
Official Announcement Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Gripper, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Grand Prize Winner" - DevGAMM Minsk 2019
- "Best Indie Game Winner" - DevGAMM Minsk 2019
- "Excellence in Game Design Nominee" - DevGAMM Minsk 2019
- "Excellence in Narrative Nominee" - DevGAMM Minsk 2019
- "Excellence in Audio Nominee" - DevGAMM Minsk 2019
- "Best Unreal Engine Game" - Indie Cup 2019
- "Excellence in Narrative Nominee" - DevGAMM Moscow 2019
- "Excellence in Audio Nominee" - DevGAMM Moscow 2019
- "Kanobu Best Game Selection" - Games JAM Kanobu 2017
- "Most Voted" - Games JAM Kanobu 2017
- "FUCK THIS GAME!"
- Jon Carnage, Game Lynch (Moscow 2017 Edition)
- "Not only is it a joy to pull apart bosses and throw around rocks — but the sudden switch to comic book-style graphics as you see your enemy for the first time is truly breathtaking."
- Jupiter Hadley, Big Boss Battle (B3)
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Project Manager, Lead Game Desinger
Art Lead, 2D artist, 2D animator, 2D FX